Friday, September 17, 2010

LIFE


Hello everyone, this is going to be my first review on here, I am going to talk about my favorite Japanese drama at the moment, LIFE (ライフ). This is a prime example of what I would call a slice-of-life drama, featuring romance drama, back stabbing, bullying, suicidal tendencies/ an attempt failed (which I am glad it failed, I would have cried otherwise), self-mutilation, attempted rape, and great examples of true and false friends, and many other issues. The show’s theme song is done by one of my favorite Japanese singers, Mika Nakashima (Who I will probably review one of her movies in the near future), the song is called LIFE as well. This drama, like many others is a live action of a manga (by the same name as well), I have read the manga but not fully yet. I must say though I love both.
LIFE features actors and actresses such as Kitano Kii who plays Shiiba Ayumu, the main character who moves to a new town and new school; upon entering she becomes friends with Fukuda Saki’s character Manami Anzai who is basically the head honcho of the school. No one messes with her; those who do, are doomed to years of bullying in the school. My favorite character of the series though is Hatori Miki who is played by Seki Magumi. She is a character that is a sort of outcast at school. Doesn’t care about the status of the popular people, she will stand up for what she believes in. She plays a huge part in the series for helping Ayumu through a lot of the bullying she comes to encounter. Other characters I like, Hojo Takahiro who plays Sonoda Yuuki, another victim of bullying, but not from the girls in the series. Him, Miki and Ayumu are in my mind, the three main characters. They are the most important.
So as to not give the whole series away I will end here. Let me just tell you there will be lots of twists and turns that will keep you watching begging for more. I give this series 5 out of 5. The acting is good, the plot is great, it flows, it doesn’t drag, and it is realistic to a sense. I recommend it greatly sadly the site I watched it on took down everything and is slowly putting them back up. If I do find a place to watch it I will post it.
Thank you for reading,
Rogue

Please forgive if this is written poorly, I have never written a review before but I shall get the technique down in time

No comments:

Post a Comment