Wednesday, September 29, 2010

M.W.


Ok, my next review is on a Japanese action thriller called M.W. basically this about a man’s revenge on a governmental conspiracy that ruined his life.  It was a fantastic movie, keeping you on the edge of your seat within the first 10 minutes. You can view this movie on WAT.com, easily found through CrazyDrama.net, it is in parts but it is well worth the load of each.
This movie is a live action of the manga and anime created by well known Osamu Tezuka, directed by well known Japanese director Hitoshi Iwamoto (also directed Queen’s Classroom and Nobuta wo Produce [which I am currently in the middle of and will probably review one day]) M.W. Stars Tamaki Hiroshi (who also appeared in another favorite of mine, Nodame Cantabile, which I will review in near future) who played successful banker Yuuki Michio, who when he was young living on the island near Okinawa was exposed to the most dangerous nerve gas ever created named M.W. While most people exposed died he was lucky enough to not die but suffered in another way, he was slowly going mad.
Yuuki and his friend Yutaro Garai (Yamada Takayuki who also appeared in Crows Zero) who becomes a catholic priest in his adulthood who runs an orphanage through the church. Live their lives on, Yuuki though going mad from the gas exposure very cunningly comes up with a way to get his revenge or justification from the people who covered up the accident on his home island, which was exposed to an accidental leak of the M.W. gas and was destroyed, people and all, but covered up to say it was abandoned.

I do not want to give away too much and if I say anymore I am sure I will not stop myself from giving away the whole movie. I have to tell you all though, it is a great movie, I am not one who is normally drawn into action movies as fast as I was this, it normally takes the half the movie before I get sucked in, this one who got me so fast.

Random facts:
This movie starts off in Thailand, which I loved, I rarely see movies in Thailand really, I have to start watching more Thai movies, hehe.
Also this movie gives hints to yaoi (boys love ^_^) which many fangirls will love because the two main characters who are hinted with are amazingly good looking.
This movie features some of my other favorite actors, Yusuke Yamamoto, who you can see in Hana-kimi Japanese version! I will do a review on both the Japanese and Taiwanese versions comparing them one day.
Also features Ryo Ishibashi, who you may see in the Ring (both versions I think), The grudge (again both versions) Suicide club, and just about any and all horror movies where they need a cop xD He is everywhere in both Japanese and English movies. He speaks English very well actually; you will hear him speak English in M.W multiple times.


No comments:

Post a Comment